Hello all!! First, I am terribly sorry. I promised a few entries a week and I went to none, how lame of me right? Well I'll try to catch you up on a few things.
Ministry:
It's going great! I am currently immersed in it and couldn't be happier! I am teaching two HS girls Bible studies at the moment and the topic is on how to become a woman of faith. So far the girls are really liking it and it's been really applicable to their lives. One of my girls is a VB recruit for OSU (go Beavs!) and just tore her ACL among other various things. She is a Senior and was scheduled to graduate early and go to Oregon State in the Spring to play but now that is postponed and her recovery is going to be a long journey. This past week, in our bible study, we talked about doubt and how to approach it when it comes to our faith. It really applied to her situation and what she had been feeling. The thing I love about God is that He always knows. In that hour and a half, He reassured and comforted her in ways I could never do. I know that this time is temporary for her and God has a plan in this, sometimes it's just hard to see it at first and we have to remember how He has been faithful before and will be faithful again and again.
We also started our series for Seniors called Sticky Faith, which is to help them figure out how to make their relationship with Christ their own and have it stick when they go to college. I definitely know that there was a period of time in college where following Christ was difficult (He never said it would be easy, we just think it will be) and I just wanted to walk away from it. But God stuck with me and because I immersed myself in fellowship with other Christians and trusted God through the hardest moments, I carried my faith with me all through those 4 years. I have amazing people in my life to thank for that and of course, an amazing God who never gives up on me. One thing we did at Sticky Faith, was make a list of what we think makes a "good Christian". Matt didn't tell me what we were teaching that night so I made a lengthy list and felt pretty good about it. However, what I realized was that the list was total crap. Yes, doing all the things such as going to church, worship, attending Bible study, etc are great things but it isn't Jesus+, it's just Jesus. God didn't choose to save us through our works but through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, His Son. We then crumpled up our lists and threw them in a fire pit outside. It felt freeing and I know the kids felt that too.
One thing that I am working on is this event called Trunk or Treat. It's the church's way of having a Halloween party but a lot more awesome! Basically, besides fun games, prizes, dressing up and candy, people sign up to decorate the trunks of their cars and kids go around and trick or treat at them. I guess, from the pictures, people take this pretty seriously. Apparently last year someone made the back of their trunk into a dragon with full on dry ice and everything. Pretty neat! I am a little nervous about how it's all going to pan out (with me being the one planning it) but I think it will be alright!
Lastly, on Sundays, Matt has started a series with the kids called God Quest. It's a series by Sean McDowell and it explores the facts and reasons behind Christianity and takes you on a quest yourself to find out if Christianity is something you can believe in. So far, the kids have been super responsive to it and seem to enjoy learning about all of the different aspects of the faith.
Adventures and Happenings:
The other weekend I went back to Corvallis for my sister's bridal shower. It was so much fun and I had a blast seeing my sisters and just getting to catch up. Corrie is getting married in two weeks and I just cannot believe it! It's crazy but oh so good! We all had a fabulous time celebrating her and the upcoming wedding nuptials, the shower looked like it came out of Pinterest! It was adorable and very Corrie. Next weekend is the Bachelorette party and then the weekend after that it's wedding time! Speaking of wedding... I need to find a place to get my dress altered... it's on my to-do list...
I also got to see some of my favorite people that I have been missing so much! Alexis (one of my very best friends) helped out with the whole entire shower, snapping pictures, putting tables together, she was such a big help. This girl is like my sister and I love her so much so it made me happy to have her around!
Later that night I went to a girl's night at my friend Rosie's house and when I walked in I received the greatest greeting I have ever gotten! A bunch of my girlfriends from 2FortyTwo (my college church group) were there and after screaming "AIMEE!", formed a line to each hug me!! I swear, it made me tear up and made me miss them that much more! It was so hard to leave. I miss those gals deeply.
Another one of my best friends, Erin, came to visit me last week! It was impromptu and wonderful! She had the week off and wanted to come see me, so I took her around town, showed her some sights, got some delicious coffee, went to my core group, ran errands and just enjoyed spending time together. I honestly, don't think I could have made it through my Senior year of high school let alone, college, without her. She keeps it real for me and calls me out on my crap (which is difficult sometimes but is needed). We always have tons of laughter together and she just brings a smile to my face. I love you Erin! Thank you for taking the time to come see me! You made me miss my Corvallis friends that much more!
NEWS:
I GOT A PAID JOB! YAY!!! Most of you might be confused as to why I have another job. Well the internship I am in with the church pays me in room and board therefore I need another job as well to pay for my own expenses. I found a job for a Sales Representative on Craigslist for Anytime Fitness, submitted a resume, went in for an interview, met a coworker and a week later I had a job! It's 10-15 hours a week right now but hopefully it will pick up. Best part is is that it works PERFECTLY with my internship schedule! Now THAT is a total God thing. Praise Jesus!
It's late and that's all I can think of right now but I just had a wonderful weekend and will be posting about it soon! I promise!!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment