Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day Off.

Monday was my day off therefore I took advantage of sleeping in and unpacking. I completed my closet by noon and then decided that I wanted company. It's weird when you live in a town where you know a small amount of people. You can't just call up your best friend and go on an adventure or coffee date. I felt a pang of loneliness but it passed as soon as I started to spend time with Joyce. 

Joyce is my house-mom and a mighty good one she is! I am telling you, this lady is such a blessing and tells the greatest stories. She really cares and invests in the people around her which I admire a lot. I helped her unpack groceries and got a chance to sit down to chat with her about some anxieties that have recently popped up. Joyce really calmed my fears and I felt more relaxed about where I was and my purpose. I had been praying to God to help sooth my worries and help me find peace, I didn't know exactly how to feel His peace though. Sometimes I need to talk to other believers that I look up to, like Joyce, and trust that the Holy Spirit can speak through them to help me. I believe that He did and it made me feel more confident and it encouraged me to let down my hair a little. 

Taryn, the new housemate who is working with Younglife, moved in around 4 PM and I was glad that I was there to help! She seems really nice and we both like to sing/play instruments so I think we'll get along great. Taryn is going on a four day staff retreat/training in Seaside Tuesday morning at 5 AM so she is diving in just like I did, but more intensely. 

After Carl got off work he came over to help Joyce and I barbecue some bratwursts and chi-kabobs for dinner. It's great to see how Carl is interacting with my new community and it encourages me a lot. Then John, Austin and Jenny came home and we all sat down to eat. John and Joyce told some hilarious stories that had us laughing and then we covered topics from personality relation to birth order to our views on spanking children. I just love how real everyone is here! It's refreshing for sure. 

After dinner, all of us kids (and some friends) went to go play sand volleyball. I am telling you, living in Bend is going to make me an active person, just you wait. Volleyball was so much fun and again there was a lot more laughter and silliness which I absolutely love. When we got home we had an impromptu dance party with songs ranging from N'Sync and S Club 7 to Lil Wayne and Chris Brown. I taught them how to do the dance to "Got Money", got serenaded which was hilarious and let my 
"ghetto girl" out by crumping. Finally, we ended the night with some Glozell and cat youtube videos: awesome. 

I had a productive and fun day off and am excited to be in a house full of people who already accept me for who I am and are willing to be silly/goofy without a care. This house is a God driven house and I am stoked to be a part of it. 

God knows what I need and desire. He knows who I will work with well and what will challenge me. To me, I find it fascinating that He continues to bless me despite all the things I do wrong or don't deserve. I almost cried talking to my mom about it today. I just don't understand sometimes why He blesses me the way He does. This opportunity to be here is an enormous blessing... and I guess all I can do is just continually thank Him for every moment and not take it for granted. Thank you for taking care of me Father. You truly are amazing. 

9 AM staff meeting in the morning and guess what? It's here at the intern house so guess who gets to roll out of bed and go in her sweats? This kid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment