She sat at her desk, mindlessly staring at the ever bright screen, struggling to find the courage to do the work she was called to do.
"Lord, I can't... I cannot do this. Who am I to do this job? I am not equipped, no one will want to hear my words. I am going to be the laughing stock of the office and the world. Where do I even go? What do I even do? I am an utter failure."
A gentle hand landed on her shoulder:
"But remember... remember my daughter that I Am. I am more than enough to do this job with you. Ask...Ask me for favor in this place. Lean on me when you are tired. Trust my promises as they are. Reach out, trust and let Me do the rest."
*sigh*
"If You're here, then I will try my best. I'll rest in You, knowing that You will be here every step of the way."
-------------------------------
How many times have we, as women, felt inadequate? Raise your hand. *raises own hand*
Yes, you may be reading this while no one is around you, or you're "reading the newspaper" in the only quiet space in your home, you could be a rebel and be reading this in your office but who cares! Raise your hand anyways because we have all felt inadequate one time or another.
How do we combat this?
Are you constantly believing these lies? Yes, they are lies. Lies, I tell you!
*enter melodramatic music here*
Okay, let's get serious though. How many times are we told that we are not good enough? Through out the day we encounter Social Media, television, newspapers, text messages from flippant "friends", remarks from abusive relationships, all in one way or another telling you the you are not good enough, that you will never ever measure up to their expectations or standards.
Excuse me?!
Who are they to tell you, daughter of the Most High King, who you are and how you measure up in this world??
They have no grounds. And even if they threw their best reasons at you, those are nothing compared to what Your Creator thinks of you.
You, my dear, are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Did you know that?
Yes?
Maybe you have heard it or understand it as knowledge but has your heart and soul taken it into their homes yet, built a cozy fire and had piping hot cup of coffee?
No?
Let's fix that then!
"I *state your name here* am beautiful. I am beautiful with these scars, with the spots on my face, with my makeup smeared, eyes tired with my body full and wonderful. No matter what others say, no matter what they do to me, I will choose to not allow their lies to enter into my space. For I am *state your name here* and I refuse, I refuse to allow the expectations of this world to poison me. Never again."
You see, you are so much more. You are more than your face, you are more than that quirk you have, you are more than your friends and relationships.
When it comes down to it, we have so much say in how we feel, in what we do and what we say. You have that power. Further more, there is a God who is madly in love with the "imperfect" you. He longs to take you away from that negativity, to give you the desires of your heart. He already favors you... are you choosing to see that, my friend? Or are you choosing the negativity that the world heaps onto you?
You are a field of white daisies dancing in the gentle wind.
You are the mighty mountains when they receive fresh powder on their rocks.
God spends time on you like a carpenter endlessly perfects his masterpiece, gently creating the curves of the legs, etching in the intricate details.
No, it is not easy. Nothing of this life is easy. If it were, when would we learn, where would we grow?
You are near and dear to Jesus' heart that He daily fights for you and always wins. Are you willing to open up your eyes and see that?
Allow yourself to ask Him for favor, because my dear friend... He is aching to pour it over you in all shapes, colors and sizes.
-----"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."-----
Matthew 7:7 {NLT}
No comments:
Post a Comment